The dreamiest desserts made by Paige of Citrine + Co. This goddess is not only one of the brightest lights on the planet but an actual plant-based superfood magician in the kitchen. I am so thrilled to be sharing the allergy-friendly, gluten-free & vegan cookies she so kindly brought me last week on our breakfast date with Sasha. Nourishment for the belly and soul — I dare you to make them and not eat them all in one sitting (it was very hard for me to even stretch them two days!!)
OAT & TAHINI COOKIES W/ CHOCOLATE CREAM FROSTING
Oat Cookie base
- Throw all the dry ingredients in a food processor, or a large mixing bowl and mix it all up!
- Then add wet ingredients, including the ghee and mix mix mix! (A food processor is the easiest!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lube it up with some coconut oil or ghee)
- Roll into balls, and using a spoon press down to form a cookie shape (you could also roll out the dough and then use a cookie cutter!).
- Bake on 350F for 10-15 minutes (add a few extra minutes if you prefer them crunchy!)
ALLOW TO COOL — WHILE YOU MAKE YOUR CHOCOLATE CREAM!
Cacao Cream Frosting
- Melt the coconut butter in a double boiler, then add to a bowl along with all remaining ingredients (I just threw it all in my Vitamix !)
- Spoon onto each cookie! Sprinkle with whatever garnish you like (Paige used safflowers and cacao nibs).
- Set in your refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- EAT THEM ALL… or sharing is nice too!