Sometimes healing and social media don’t go together. And that is ok.
Instead of feeling a negative way towards instagram, what if taking breaks were just the norm? What if we took the pressure off and showed up when we could and signed off when we needed to? Without guilt? Without feeling bad about it or sorry?
This week I needed a break — so I took one until I was ready to come back. It can be as simple as that.
A few offline activities that made me feel extra supported this week:
– receiving an incredibly nurturing ayurvedic treatment with @jessablades that completely recalibrated my state of mind
– lots of meaningful conversations and facetime with family and friends
– walking through brooklyn exploring new areas
– staying present in the evening with dan and keeping my phone in another room
– eating all my dinners at home and experimenting with new recipes
– working on my new website for my freelance work
– reaching out to potential therapists and energy healers to work with
– creating space to read and drink tea
– deep meditation, journaling, prayer, surrender and trust
Next time you feel yourself in a low place and reaching for your phone, ask yourself “is this serving me right now?”. If the answer is no then trust that voice and know everyone will be here when you return. There is nothing more important than your mental health. ♡
ph x @objectliberty
Tags: cultivatinginnerawareness thedreamerie
Location : Williamsburg, Brooklyn